Friday, April 12, 2013

Ear Unreal


"I've got a little something for you," says the lovely Liabelle King, who's leading the charge in new wave fashion PR in Sydney.  At the Karla Spetic show yesterday, she introduced me to the work of up and coming jewellery designer Ryan Storer by clipping on what can only be described as the most beautiful thing to have ever graced my ears.  It's an ear cuff of the highest order, using rose gold and a lovely splay of Swarovski crystals to create what appears to be shards of life bouncing out from my freakishly thick earlobes (you need to touch them to feel the sheer thickness) or the top of my ear, depending on how you want to wear it.  It also comes with a single crystal stud, meant to go in the other ear but alas, my past metal allergy (which I *THINK* is slowly easing up) prevented me from getting pierced ears.  Ear cuffs are nothing new and they've been "on-trend" for a while, bouncing around with chains, metalwear and general err "radness".  This Ryan Storer ear cuff specimen however is a different beast altogether.  It's a highly effective deployment of Swarovski magic that instantly catches people's eyes.   
A quick Google search and and you'll find it's unfortunately me, who is slow on the uptake.  Storer's signature ear cuffs, which also come in larger formations with pearls, have been a big hit on the internet getting blogged, reblogged, hearted and liked all over the place.  Miranda Kerr has also been getting in on the Ryan Storer action and so pieces have tended to sell out on Storer's e-store.  As I was walking around shows yesterday in Sydney, about twenty people instantly ID-ed the piece, which goes to show what fantastic support homegrown talent has down here.  What with my problematic on/off metal allergies, I've come to the ear adorning party late in the day but I'm ultra glad that it's Storer's ear piece that will now probably be firmly attached to my right ear (I prefer wearing it on the top of the ear rather than as a mono-earring, although that works too if I'm in a Claudia Kishi kind of mood).
Ryanstorer3Image from Getty
Rstorer2
Rstorer1Photographs by Phil Oh of Street Peeper
Ryanstorer
Ryanstorer1

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants for single moms