Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Robert Downey Jr. on Receiving an Oscar Someday: "I'm Getting One"


Robert Downey Jr, GQ CoverGQ
One could easily argue that Robert Downey Jr. is one of our finest actors. Including RDJ himself.
"I'm probably one of the best," the Iron Man 3star tells GQ. "But it's not that big a deal. It's not like this is the greatest swath or generation of actors that has ever come down the pike."
What's more, the 48-year-old knows it's only a matter of time before he wins an Academy Award.
"I, personally, would be shocked if we went to the end of the tape now and I didn't have at least one," he says. "Because I'm young enough, and I'm running down being occupied with these kind of genre movies, close enough. Even the next thing we're doing with [my wife, Susan Downey], I'm so confident about it. It's the best script the studio has; it's the best thing I've read in years."
Downey adds, "Look, even if I don't get one directly, eventually they're just going to have to give me one when I get old. So no matter how you slice it, I'm getting one."
Until that day, Downey is keeping busy these days promoting Iron Man 3.
However, whether he'll eventually star in another installment of the film franchise remains to be seen.
The actor admits he's unsure, saying, "How many genre movies can I do? How many follow-ups to a successful follow-up are actually fun?...I don't know. I don't know. Right now I don't have a contract to do anything, and I did for the last five years.
"At whatever point I'm done with this, I'm going to have a bit of a crisis, because I probably haven't even fully ingested how much I've enjoyed it, how much it's meant. It so came out of relative obscurity as this second-tier character from the Marvel universe, and I feel I was part of making it something more. But it also to me was just good filmmaking."
-->

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants for single moms